Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Wireless Network Speed Limit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 general grievous

general grievous

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:32 AM

i am sharing wireless(3mbps cable) with my neighbor, but it happens that he leeches the full bandwidth that I pay for, all i want him is to have a decent connection speed just to able him to play some online games, but there is a problem and it is that the damn leech has full access to my internet speed and that is pretty anoying.

how could i delimitate his connection speed in a way that he couldnt change, i mean that if i use a program in his computer to do so, he could simply format his computer or even simplyer just uninstall it

all i know is that my cable modem is directly connected to the router(it has '802.11g/2.46Ghz wireless router' written on it)

and i also appen to know his wireless board is named something like nexxt, dunno exact model tho.

we both use xp pro sp2

i will be waiting for your help guys :thumbsup:

Edited by general grievous, 05 September 2008 - 02:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hi mate,

Check this link. That guy was also having same problem as you and our friends here suggested him.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163236/please-help-set-connection-speed-problem/

If that doesnt work let people know and we can see from there.

good luck :thumbsup:

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hi mate,

Check this link. That guy was also having same problem as you and our friends here suggested him.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163236/please-help-set-connection-speed-problem/

If that doesnt work let people know and we can see from there.

good luck :thumbsup:

kk, dling it rite away, i ll let ya know in a few days.

#4 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:34 AM

did not work... my friend says its kind of a switch instead of a router but i dunno what that means, im considering a new router to assign all the ips i want with desired speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users