Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu Updater, Symantec?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

Couple of questions about the default automatic update manager in Ubuntu Hardy 8.04, think its called symantec or something like that. Talking about the one that pops up on its own with updates, not the package manager thing you have to actively search out upgrades for.
First those are legit "endorsed" (for lack of a better word) updates aren't they? Like joe schmo can't write a random script, upload it and it just pop up on my updater correct? Still not really used to the whole open-source thing.
Second, and the real reason for the thread, is there a way to block a certain update from showing up every time? Like right now there is one for intel vid cards that it keeps nagging me to install, but i don't use the onboard card so i really don't want it. but would like to stop being whined at about it. So can i delete it from the list somehow?

Thank you, and sorry for all the newb stuff all the time but i couldn't find the answers on google, and i trust the guys/gals here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 machiner

machiner

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

Open Synaptic (not symantec), search for this particular package, click on it to highlight it, click the Package menu, click Lock Version. Close Synaptic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users