Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox3 Bookmark Address Bar Thing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gmangokevin

gmangokevin

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

hey everyone, i know you might ask me to go point to some google search, but good news. i have looked and done a search already.

i can't seem to get the damn freaking thing to stop doing it. it makes me wish i didn't upgrade to firefox 3 seeing as how 2 worked perfectly fine.

well yeah, i've tried this website here and when i set the third option, nothing happens even after resetting firefox. i tried it in combination and not in combination with option number 2, but it still shows ONE BOOKMARK which is really annoying. i want the thing to drop down, just not my bookmarks.

has anyone had this problem and maybe someone who can recommend a fix without having to go back to firefox 2 or switching browsers? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

I was reading the link in your post and I read down to the comments and found this:

"Julie - When you set the frecency of bookmarks to zero, Firefox may take some time to recalculate the values. So the bookmarks may not disappear immediately from the address bar but they will as you use Firefox."

Does that help?
Sharon
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users