Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

My question is; Since the updates 09042008 listed in the search are not listed in A/R, how do I identify them,for example as the updates listed from A/R have Identification tags or titles ?

I Googled, "missing updates in A/R", there is a lot of stuff but I didn't get anywhere with it ?

I would like to know what these are, as I am including these information's as part of my new practices in keeping with my new PC routine, . . (That is, when I can )

I don't know why they are not listed in A/R, I also do not know why there are no dates for those I
show which are listed, those with no dates are not 090408 installed as, they were there before, and yes, I have the show update box checked, the updates shown in the search are not listed in Add and Remove ?

Posted Image

Edited by Jove, 04 September 2008 - 08:09 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

The one you have labeled "update search" is the keyboard shortcut to Windows Update

Edited by garmanma, 05 September 2008 - 07:52 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Yes, I saw that and thought there was some redundancy, that was because I opened two of those files. Thanks, but of course, it does not solve the dilemma, not your worry, I think this is a fairly common problem, with no real direct answers, in the past, (if I am not mistaken), there are occasions, when the update download information will tell you what it is about to download, and or, what it is downloading, while in progress and it seems that there are time it does not tell you, I think that is flagrant abuse, I personally feel deprived, it is like someone holding out a spoonful of medicine and your a little kid and they tell you to hold your nose ! You have nothing left to do but swallow it.

There are times when the web has information's that concern others who have had problems with specific Updates, and there is information's there,

I think it would be great that if those type of links could easily be accessed and that Windows would provide you with those information's at the time they send this update to your PC.

Damn! one of the richest men in the world treats us like dirt !

Hey, have you ever experienced a MS, message on your PC, and you go to the Help and Support to look up the meaning of it and how many times is it not there, is this guy a sociopath who hates PC users or what ?

Oh, well, I don't want to over excite myself, and ruin another day.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users