Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startbar Hidding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 madeupfile

madeupfile

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

i turned on my computer but i couldnt find my start bar so i brought my mouse down to see if some one was messing with it and it showed the arrowheads to make the start bar bigger. thinking it an easy fix i did closed the language bar the start bar droped down again but i wasnt able to pull it up again so i right clicked it and changed options back and forth put the language bar back on and it poped up again but now the language bar is hording the whole start bar so i cant see any windows i have open and im not able to move it any where and if i close it it just hides until i put it back on
any help? iv tried restarting my computer and changing the basic start menu settings that might of done any thing but havnt done much with the lang bar
any help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

alt tabing is geting old... BAH

#3 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

so just about any toolbar up and the start bar pops up but the toolbar takes up all of it like last time and im unable to move it over or if closed it 'hides'

#4 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

ugh i really dont want to have to make a new user and delete this one just for this... i have so many options itll take me a day to just get it close to what i had

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:59 AM

Making a new user will tell you if the problem is only with your profile - or it's with the whole system.
You won't have to transfer your stuff over at this point - but without a test such as this you're doomed to poke around inside the OS hoping to find what's causing it.

And, FWIW, when you finally do find it, it's usually something that causes you to say "Now why didn't I think of that earlier" - Been there, Done that! :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Hi

Have you checked out the Task Bar properties?
Click on Start-Settings-Task Bar & Start Menu
In the box that opens, select the Task Bar tab.
There is an option there to Auto-Hide. If there is a tick in the box next to this option then deselect it and click on Apply.

:thumbsup:
Steve

#7 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

no its not that the language bar is covering from the hidden icon tray to the start bar so all of my task bar is coverd by the language bar so im not able to see any applications i have open but if i close it its like its on auto hide but it dosnt show up if i put my mouse there or try to pull up but if i put any toolbar on im able to pull it up
but im not able to move the toolbar over to the side

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

If it becomes necessary to switch to another profile:
How to copy user data from your Windows XP profile to a new profile
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

hehe that would of bn faster then what i did thanks i can use that next time =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users