Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office Startup Install Prompts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garcia1000

garcia1000

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:56 AM

Hey guys,

I have some problem with my computer. It is a software problem.
Whenever I run any MS Office application or even Microsoft Outlook, I get the following message on startup:

Posted Image

The thing is, I never requested any feature usage!! I don't know why it does this, is my computer infected?

I don't even have the MS Office Pro 2003 CD with me any more.

I tried running the MS Windows Install Cleanup utility linked from this thread, but it didn't work for me.

I run Windows XP Professional, and MS Office Professional Edition 2003.

Thanks in advance for any help that you could provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

I tried running the MS Windows Install Cleanup utility linked from this thread, but it didn't work for me.

If you would have read the warnings on the page for the Windows installer Cleanup Utility, you should have seen the warnings not to use it on Microsoft Office products. I'm not real sure what you can do now other than uninstall Office and reinstall it, if you have the CD. You can also try this free, Office compatible alternative:
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

Did you have Office 2007 on that pc at any time? 2003 and 2007 dont get along well unless you specify different install directories.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 04 September 2008 - 11:53 AM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#4 garcia1000

garcia1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, I will do a reinstall.
At least my computer doesn't seem to be infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users