Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti Virus 2008 Help Me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dabutcher101

dabutcher101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:43 AM

I have got an unusual and destructive variant of this malware.It downloaded itself even though Spybot teatimer rang right in and denied change.It changed my registry and I believe it changed my bios shadow.{ real creepy} I have an HP Pavillion 754n Intel pent 4 Main board is a microstar 6577 ver 2.1 . this seems to be a custom for HP since it is not listed on microstars homepage. I has a curious flaw or HP control, that the main hard drive can only be set to slave there is no way to place it in IDE 0. I am guessing it is because the computer restore disks were placed on this partition. I am probably wrong. ok on with the torrid tale. anti virus 2008 leaps out bites me in the tail spybots search and destroys teatimer comes into action with the allow or deny screen. I select deny it pops up again I select deny again.In the teatimer box I see something like (%20%20) and in sequence on each denial, alpha ,beta , gamma etc. then the computer shuts down and restarts. I have a new screen saver antivirus 2008. I run spybot it starts to load the computer shuts down and restarts . so ok I try the system mechanic 6 it just about loads and the computer restarts. man this virus Knows that I am trying to kill it and its fighting back. So no problem start in safemode go to remove progs should burnit down enough to run the malware progs again. get into safe mode no problems click remove anti2008 . restarts fatal error screen appears. I turn off comp start hit f8 start in safemode click RUN edit reg . the system halts and i have to shut down manually with power button.I pretty much go through every dirty little trick I know and come to the reality bridge where I am going to lose my files and that is that. I download a fresh copy of dariks boot and nuke and proceed with a double pass.( it took almost 14 hours to nuke a 300 gig drive) I have the original 80 gig drive I will transfer it back on the 300 gig when its done cooking. This is where the story gets ugly . I plug in the 80 gig drive start the computer it boots up and a message appears windows registry has change a registry setting using an archived copy of registry settings.The infected hard drive was nuked ,the 80 gig was not infected now it is.I am going to need something that I can slipin during the boot to check the registry and rid it of malware files . CHKDISK ain't happening. this program probably uses it to replicate. You see where I believe it is in the bios. this HP machine has a clear bios jumper but I have not found a way to clear its shadow . Yes I have been through f1 f10 f8 and f2 it seems that when I clear the bios it still remains on Ram and restart throws it back on the bios there is nothing in the bios setup menu to disable shadowing that I have found. maybe someone out there knows how to circumvent the proprietory build of this motherboard. If I cannot eradicate this virus at my present point I would like info on how I would go about recovering the files in My Documents. Preferably leaving anti2008 behind. I want to thank you in advance for your time . I am actually embarrassed that this happened to me. I update and clean my browser religiously. My friends who turn to me have the same problem and I can't help them yet. I must give kudos to the writer he Knew every thing I would do to stop this. the firewall the malware progs and fast action he was always a step ahead.I am a non-violent person but If I ever find this guy,I am gonna torture and kill his wife and kids before I crucify him . I only Know how do this because I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO WATCH THE HISTORY CHANNEL BECAUSE MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN. P.S Im not a big conspiracy person but I wonder if one wants me to upgrade to Vista or the the other wants me to buy a Mac.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users