Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nocturnal-001

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nocturnal-001

nocturnal-001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:26 AM

My whole being right now, other than my job, is learning skills as a White Hat. I went through hell with W32.Neveg.b@mm. AVG missed it and when I forgot to disable the system restore....awwww S**t, it was on then. Even though it apparently was a worm that was to perform a DOS attack, so no immediate danger to passwords and such, I still didnt want to participate in any DOS. After digging through the entire regisrty and 1000's of files looking for any connection to the hijacked TRUSTED INSTALLER, and manually taking ownership, changing permissions, god it was horrible. But I learned the now familiar Windows Vista (Im thoroughly versed iin XP), and i want to strike back i guess the only way i can. Learning White Hat skills and helping others regain their PC's.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:56 AM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
If you can help other Members with malware problems, I am sure it will be much appreciated.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users