Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mammoth Video Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VincentCecelia

VincentCecelia

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

As it says in the title, I am looking to get the EVGA 01G-P3-1284-AR GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition 1GB video as time goes on and the price drop [info here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130368] but the problem I am reading with reviews is that it is huge, so I am looking for a case that would fit 9(2) of theses huge things and not blow up my house. Also I would require naturally a monster power supply. Any suggestions? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

Those cards are huge, you will often need an extended ATX case to fit it. If you wish to fit two of these monsters into your PC, you would be better off with a 1000 watt PSU. The CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W PSU comes highly recommended.

Edited by DJBPace07, 04 September 2008 - 01:14 PM.

3939.png

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

If you're looking for a pretty big case, an Antec nine-hundred should serve you well. Frys.com has one on sale for $70 and free shipping. A very great deal, and I'm almost tempted to buy it (I need to refrain from spending money though :thumbsup:) http://shop1.frys.com/product/4991611;jses...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:58 PM

If you're looking for a pretty big case, an Antec nine-hundred should serve you well. Frys.com has one on sale for $70 and free shipping. A very great deal, and I'm almost tempted to buy it (I need to refrain from spending money though :thumbsup:) http://shop1.frys.com/product/4991611;jses...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

That case is a bargain, get it while it is in stock!!

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users