Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Media Center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dei3

dei3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

attempting to restore my computer to a previous high lighted date and it goes through all the motions (restoring files,shut down ,reboot) and then it says your computer was not restored, try another date. no changes have been made to your system. no matter what date i choose i get the same result. ran several virus programs and spyware programs with no luck. thanks for what ever input you folks might have on this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

Hi, you can try and run system restore via safe mode. But why do you need to run it? Have you had a virus? It could be that if a virus infected your PC that your restore points are no longer working.
MCP
MSDST

#3 dei3

dei3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

sound has been corupted. hoping this will restore it. no virus that i am aware of.i run windows live one care for whats its worth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users