Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sort Of A Problem With The Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beenthere

Beenthere

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

Hello folks,

this "bug" happened to me after i uninstalled superantispyware(I don't say that's the cause of it). The thing is previously I could use almost the whole taskbar for minimizing applications. Now this little line showed up and it limits the space for minimizing. Hard to explain, I'll use pictures.
This is how it is now
Posted Image

So when i minimize programs, they cannot go pass the line I circled with red. I tried moving the damn line to the right, but it just won't move!
I was sure, previously when it was all good I could use that space between the circled line and the line to the right, but now I can't.

Not a big problem, but it is really annoying for me. God bless whoever can fix this problem for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beenthere

Beenthere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

For no apparent reason, after a reboot, it is fixed now. Eh XP..

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

You can usually fix this sort of thing by right clicking on the Task Bar and seeing what Toolbars are installed. For example, if you enable the Desktop toolbar you'll get something similar to what you've described (but it'll say Desktop in it).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Beenthere

Beenthere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

yes yes i know, but I've never changed that and there was always a check mark only on language bar and quick launch.
even when the problem was in place, there was still checkmarks only on those 2 toolbars.

#5 madeupfile

madeupfile

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

ahh lucky ba**rd mines worse and wont fix

#6 Beenthere

Beenthere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

hmm it appeared again.. when I turned on my computer, the language bar was in the middle :thumbsup: and that stupid line showed up again
but then, it got fixed with a simple log off/log on.

weird bug..

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

More then likely this issue is caused by a corrupted profile or something still lingering from the malicious superantispware. Try making a new account, and see if the issue is still there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users