Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2004 Printing Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joyjg

joyjg

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

I have a macbook with leopard 10.5 and Office 2004, with an hp printer. Previously was able to print from all applications to the hp printer with no problem. Noticed yesterday that sent a word document to the hp printer and all the pages came out blank. The document shows up in the print preview fine, but will not show on the hp printer pages. Sent to another printer (brother) and worked fine. Sent to a pdf and the pdf to the hp printer and had blank pages on the hp. Sent reports from excel 2004, internet, email, powerpoint 2004 and all print to hp printer fine. Sent from excel 2004 to pdf and to hp printer and printed fine. I have done the macbook update and performed all updates to the system and office2004. I have also gone to the hp website and updated the hp drivers. I spent three hours with the mac support for office 2004 with no results. I currently am sending the word 2004 prints over wireless to a share on my brother printer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Joyjg :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

Did you try reinstalling word?
Posted Image

#3 joyjg

joyjg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

I am planning to reinstall the Word 2004 as a last resort, since the Mac Office people told me it would require that I uninstall the entire office suite and reinstall and they did not feel the problem was with Word since it sent the text to the Word preview and the Pdf Preview. They were leaning toward some type of miscommunication with the printer, of course getting an answer from HP will take some time. The printer I am using is an HP Deskjet D6240.

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

Have you read this support article on troubleshooting printing with 10.5?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users