Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot C D Containing Recovery Console

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:30 AM

Quick question.

Is there a boot CD out there containing the Recovery Console for XP and/or Vista that one can use when everything turns to custard and from which you can run fixboot, fixmbr, chkdsk etc if the existing OS refuses to boot at all?

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:58 AM

Quick question.

Is there a boot CD out there containing the Recovery Console for XP and/or Vista that one can use when everything turns to custard and from which you can run fixboot, fixmbr, chkdsk etc if the existing OS refuses to boot at all?

Cheers

There is a Recovery Console for XP, I have it fitted on my Machine.

Whether it is available to be utilised in a Boot Disk, I honestly don't know?

I received mine during a HJT Thread on another Forum? No big deal, it was just part of the Thread, I never deleted it, just left it there, just in case?

Maybe? Ask someone from that Section?

I am not going to suggest that I copy it, because I am sh*t scared to.

:thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

There is a downloadable version of the RC available. Users must download it and burn it to CD in order to use it.

Take your pick, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=r...ery+console+iso

Note: Do not assume that the iso is already bootable...unless it specifically says so. If it isn't, I suggest using a program like the one at http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-makebootablecd.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users