Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Infection? Please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superfrank08

superfrank08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:18 AM

Hi there,

I bought my Laptop 2 days ago, and already i am getting pop-ups saying that I have Trojans.

My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525, it came with McAfee preinstalled. After a couple of days of use i had a message come up saying:

Windows Firewall has detected activity of harmful software.

Name: Trojan-Spy.Win32.GreenScreen
Risk Level: CRITICAL
Network Location: Internet
Description: This is spy trojan that intstalls itself to the system, hides itself and then captures screen images and saves tehm to disk files in encrypted form. Thus it allows a hacker to watch screen images.

Enable Protection

(The Trojan names vary including - KeyLogger.aa .... GreenScreen ... Bankfraudt.dq)

When i click on 'Enable Protection' it takes me to a website (http://www.antispyware-review.info/?wmid=4663&pwebmid=dOhqm0xaYH&a=) that recommends either PCCleanPro or PC Antispy. I therefore went to the expense of paying for PC Clean Pro, expecting this to take care of the problem. However the message is still appearing?

I scanned my system using McAfee and no viruses appeared to. So i installed SpyBot, and scanned my system with this software, this told me that I had several Trojans but i was not able to remove any of them, and no specific details were given.

Therefore I removed SpyBot and McAfee, and installed Kapersky Anti Virus and Trojan Hunter. I scanned my system using Trojan Hunter, and it did find and removed one, but that was it and the messages still were coming. I scanned using Kapersky and this identified 14 Trojan Files on my laptop, however did not fix/quarantine/delete any of them!

I have since removed Kapersky, Trojan Hunter, Trojan Remover....and installed AVG Anti Virus. I have scanned using this and nothing can be found on my system.

I have attached a screenshot of one of the error messages.

I do not know what to do next, but am scared to use my laptop on the internet for anything of a private nature now.

Any help or knowledge of this problem would be fantastic. If any other information is needed, just say. Thank you

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

Let's move you to the proper forum and they will advise you
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users