Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chassis Interupted System Halted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stormer0719

Stormer0719

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

Hello, Heres whats been going on. The power supply on said computer went out. after replacing the PS I recieve an enter current password message on start up.....EARLY start up. There was never one needed before I don't have the password and i knew it shouldnt be like this. Wrong or right I cleared the bios via jumpers and now I recieve the messages saying date time are wrong, cmos is wrong and then Chassis interupted system halted. Must reset the computer after that........I guess i fixed the enter password cuz it doesn't ask that anymore but what do i do now. is my motherboard dead or is there a way to get around this. I cannot enter bios, i cannot do anything but watch the memory test and it detect the hard drives, even though i hit del and it says entering setup it says the following mentioned errors thus halting the system.

Any help would be great. i have no money and really could do without hearing that i have to buy a new board. I just want to say thank you in advance as i have recieved help with an issue here before and you guys are great. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:14 AM

Did you reset the jumper after resetting the CMOS?

If the time won't reset you need to replace the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Stormer0719

Stormer0719
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Yeah hadda put the jumper back to get the computer to start.

Sweet, thanks i'll give it a shot, i actually have another battery around here somewhere. I think that maybe its just recieving the error message before it gets to the bios, but i'm out of ideas and will try this promptly.

Edited by Stormer0719, 03 September 2008 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users