Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Do I Do Now?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pete405

Pete405

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Quick question..... I posted a HJT Log and got NO response...Waited 5 days and posted in the " it's been 5 days " forum, well now it's been almost 3 days in that forum, and still no response, so what do i do now??

I know these guys are all volunteers but i really need some help and I don't want to repost my thread.

Any suggestions, so I don't pisss anybody off??

Edited by Pete405, 02 September 2008 - 09:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hello Pete405,

All of our HJT Team helpers are volunteers but not all of them have the same skill level and expertise to deal with all types of malware. Although we try to take hijackthis logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. While I understand your frustration, in either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Pete405

Pete405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Ok Thanks.... guess I will just have to keep waiting.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for understanding. Our Techs are stressed with a large number of logs to be worked.

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

I don't want to repost my thread.

That is the one thing you don't want to do. It will just put you further down the list
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users