Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brianmk Intro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrianMK

BrianMK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

I guess you could describe me as an intermediate user. That's one of the reasons I'm here. Because I don't know everything. What I do know, I will be happy to share. I am a retired applications programmer. Don't ask me what languages I know. It's been almost 10 years since I left the field.

Now, I am more interested in expanding my skills as a photographer / artist. I am in the process of applying what I know as a photographer to digital photography. The basics are always the same. So, I just have to learn about the nuances of digital media.

I am writing this from the third computer I've built. I am no means an expert, so don't ask me questions that can be better answered by more experienced builders. My current computer is one that meets my needs. I am not a gamer so I don't need a screamer. My processor is a humble AMD Athlon 64 3700+. The motherboard is one from Mach Speed that has all the sound, and graphic AGP stuff on board. My 80g HDD IDE internal is from Western Digital, CD Burner and DVD Burner are from Sony. I have Hyundai 2g memory DR400. I built it for less than a comparable brand name computer would cost me brand new. That makes me a happy man.

BrianMK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Welcome Brianmk!

Your experience will always be welcome at Bleeping Computer.

Good to see you.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

As complex as computing is, no one can possibly be an expert in every phase; but by sharing areas of expertise, our Members can help each other in areas where each of us is not very comfortable.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users