Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 refused6009

refused6009

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

This is the situation. I have been given 3 HP L1706 LCD monitors. 17". All of witch have a slight pink tint to them in the white areas. After 1-2 minutes the screen goes black. Power LED stays green

Model # L1706
Product# px849a

Ive looked around and found 20 conflicting answers and price from $15 - to not worth it. I don't mind spending the time fixing them but would like to stay around $25 a monitor. From what I have read it need a new backlight, and customer support from HP wont even give me a part# or any help without charging just to talk to someone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Nate

:EDIT: I have used multiple computers, cables and settings to get to this point.

Edited by refused6009, 02 September 2008 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

I usually suspect inverters first before a lamp. Tear it down, get the lamp/inverter specs/part numbers. Mouser Electronics has the majority of monitor parts in stock. Too bad I live in TX and have to pay tax. You can usually get out for $10-15 for lamps.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 refused6009

refused6009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

I'm having a hard time finding the correct bulbs. A # stamped on the housing on the bulb has turned up nother and neither HP or mouser has given me any useful information. Is there something im not looking for?

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

You might try here. http://www.ccfldirect.com/ccfls.html

If nothing else, with the proper lamp measurements you might be able to dig up a number you can cross ref. I have a Dell 17" I am working on now (Ben-Q OEM) that needs a new inverter board. I am trying to figure whether to get a new inverter board or try to repair the current board. Also, if you can figure the OEM (by looking at the internals) it gives you another avenue to get part numbers for the lamp.

Repairing cars was easier, dirtier, but easier.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

Totally off the wall, last ditch effort fix
http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/Backlig...x/Overview.aspx
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users