Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mdoggy39

mdoggy39

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

HI, I have a desktop hooked to modem and router, another desktop wireless, and laptop, wireless. All worked fine for a couple months, now cant connect to internet through router. All computers running windows xp.
Called isp people, they said change settings to pppoe, i did that, then it worked for a few hours, now not working again.
I checked settings for router, they seem allright, but still wont work. Any idea what i can try, maybe change other router settings?? If i hook modem directly to computer, internet works.
I have already tried resetting modem and router.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

Have you tried to update the firmware on the router?
MCP
MSDST

#3 mdoggy39

mdoggy39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi, good idea, i tried it, but still the same, no internet.

#4 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

How many computers are you running through the router? Just the one, or more than one? If more than one, do they all have the same problem with the router that is solved when the router is removed?

As well, you may want to contact the router manufacturer as there is the possibility of a hardware problem if it works for a bit but then stops.

#5 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

Have you tried setting them all up with a static IP address? It may help as it could be a probelm with DHCP lease times. Just guessing at the moment though. Some router and connection interface specs may be needed to help in figuring this out though. Do you go through a modem and then a router or does the router function as a router as well?
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users