Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Getting Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldkrow2008

oldkrow2008

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

So I have been working on a computer for about week and I have done a lot and still am getting Blue screen at splash and then it reboots into Safe mode.

I even went so far as to delete and reinstall repair files through the control console. I deleted and replaced fresh files of System, software, Security, Sam, and default. Still it blue screened on me.So those files are not corrupted

So I looked in the event log and saw a lot of errors, but this one looks to be part of my problem.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 9/1/2008
Time: 10:23:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ECS_HOME
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
Processor
RasAcd
Rdbss

And it relates to a few other events because those are not loading.

The Blue Screen error is STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF1DEDC19, 0xF540F86C)
and I think this is the key to the gold
A device attached to the system is not functioning error.

So am I going to have to remove all unsigned drivers and maybe third party drivers to see what the issue is or is this probably hardware related. One more thing, Safe mode is stable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

The first error is typically seen when you boot into Safe Mode as those drivers are slated to load at boot - but Safe Mode doesn't let them.

This is the BSOD error code that you posted:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF1DEDC19, 0xF540F86C)

It's likely that the first parameter inside the ( is 0xc0000005 - is that the case? If so, that means that the error occurred in accessing memory. Also, there's typically 4 values inside the ( )'s - but in this case the missing one won't make much difference to us here.

Here's a link to a description of the error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7e

Where did you get the System, software, Security, Sam, and default files from? These are the files that contain your registry - and replacing them with other copies doesn't always work because of differences in the files.

As it's giving you the Blue Screen going into Windows, but not when going into Safe Mode - then it's likely that this is a driver issue. The easiest thing, at this point, would be to locate the memory dump associated with the Blue Screen event and analyze it.

Here's some info on how to locate that file, and some info on how to perform an analysis of it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491 Copy and paste the analysis here when you're done and we'll see if it can identify the offending driver.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 oldkrow2008

oldkrow2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

Yeah I think it is a driver issue too because it boots into safe mode with no problem. Here is the full code, whatever I did, I didn't paste the entire code: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xFC5CCAF3, 0xFC90F8C0, 0xFC90F5C0) and 0xC0000005 is first.

I got the System, software, Security, Sam, and default files from within the windows/repair folder on the same system So I did not use another XP installation to grab those files. All I need to do now is place an older restore point and the reg will be back to the way it was.

As for the blue screen issue. I am off to read that page you gave me to gather the memory dump and tomorrow at the latest, maybe sooner I'll post it here for you to read too.
Thanks
LB

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

My primary concern was that you didn't grab the files from another system - there shouldn't be major issues with using the one's from the same system (as long as there hasn't been a large hardware change).

The analysis of the dump file "should" tell you what the offending driver is. If it doesn't, then we'll use another tool to force it to verify the drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 oldkrow2008

oldkrow2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Cool. Yeah, I'm very excited to gather that info, unfortunately it will have to wait because his schedule has changed and I will not be able to get over there tonight like I wanted. So a few days wait but if you can keep an I on this topic, I'll have data soon.

LB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users