Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Bho.o.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 angelpc

angelpc

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

I am trying to help a friend. They do not have a window xp disk or product code.

They had on their pc:
all kinds of tool bars
pcprivacy cleaner
antivirus xp 2008
spy doctor

They had constant pop-ups and it was really slow.

I have removed all of those programs. No more popup and the pc is not as slow.

Everything seems to be fine except AVG keeps finding Trojan Horse BHO.O (c:\windows\system32\shdocv.dll)
I can not find any where on the web how to remove this. I know that if I reformat that would probably fix everything. But they dont have a disk.
I have tried to search to find out what (c:\windows\system32\shdocv.dll) this file is, but it is like this file does not excist (well at least in google world)

I have installed AVG, Ccleaner, ad aware, spybot, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Hijackthis. Have taken out ccleaner. (needed more room) small hardrive.

I have gone through the steps of having someone on bleepingcomputer review my antimalware logs, and have me check some other things. I tried to use Icesword but it would not allow me to ( initialization failed, error code :1073741780) . They recomended I post under this and seek HELP!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:07:53 PM, on 9/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {61D5253F-E1D9-48AE-872B-C8F79EDDEE6B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocv.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server /nosystray /deaf
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.rr.com
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe

--
End of file - 3554 bytes

Edited by angelpc, 02 September 2008 - 11:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hello angelpc,

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
    • Set the list of Files/Folders created to 2 Months.
    • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
    • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Note:The logs will be created in this folder: C:\rsit
  • Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
    • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
    • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
    • This will start the program and scan your system.
    • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
    • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
    • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
    • Save the file to your desktop.
    • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:51 AM

This thread will now be closed due to lack of activity.
If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you.
Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

This applies only to the original topic starter.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users