Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32 Has Encountered A Problem And Must Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lanny Levenson

Lanny Levenson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:08 AM

After installing service pack 3 I'm getting the above error with the following information:
szAppName:svchost.exe
szAppVer 5.1.2600.5512
SzModname:rpcess.dll
I have run spybot, adware, ccleaner, a2squared, avg virus protection, pctoos spyware. Most of these have also run in safe mode. My computer is clean to the best of my knowledge. I thought there was a virus or some spyware. Nothing showed up. The error happens after the notebook (Dell 8600 Inspiron) comes out of hibernation. I then have about a minute to close programs and the computer reboots. Can you suggest anything? I've looked in MS website for issues and haven't had any success to date.

Lanny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users