Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need To Recover A Partition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:41 AM

Ok i dont know if this should be in hardware but i placed it here for now. I have a single 80 gig hard drive inside my computer. I currently have 2 partitions; the first large partition is the main data partition with my OS, Data, Programs and all that important stuff, the second is a BLANK 3 or maybe 10 gig partition (sry i forget size but thats not important) which i want to make part of my main partition.

The partition was created by installing and EVIL virtual drive program known as Daemon tools which is short IMHO for DEMONIC SPACE EATER. So anyway ive uninstalled the program due to lack of use and it didnt give me my partition back! On an 80 gig drive even 1 gig is valuable space so please if there is a way to make my drive one partition again without touching any of the data i have id love to know!
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

I would recomend a program called "Partition Wizard Home Edition". It's free, it has all the features of axialis software, and it won't corrupt your data, if you know how to use it.

***CAUTION: Attempting to repartition your HDD may result in data loss.
Be careful when attempting to do so.
If possible, backup your computer to an external HDD
.***

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Another candidate, Easeus Partition Master - http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-parti...g-partition.htm.

I suggest that you read the instructions for any program that you decide to use...before deciding that you want to use it.

Louis

#4 bigalexe

bigalexe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

Whoa Zombie thread alert.

Problem has been solved by more than one OS Reinstall since the thread was created. Now I am running Windows 7 on the main HDD (added since thread creation) and am running Ubuntu on the aforementioned 80 GB HDD.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback on your resolution...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users