Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mytopics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is posted in the wrong forum.

Is there a way of resetting the "My Topics" list or removing individual topics from it, or does the list purge itself of items once they have reached a certain age.

TIA
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hi! If I treat you right and you mean topics list in your profile page - it displays 5 last topics so when new topics are created, older ones will be removed from the list.

#3 SLIX

SLIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

Hi

I'm refering to the "My Topics" link on the Log In bar (to the left of the "My Controls" link.
You say it displays the last 5 topics, yet mine is showing all topics I have posted to - that's currently 12.
At this rate I am going to have pages of topics unless there is a way to clear the list.

:thumbsup:
Steve

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:07 AM

After you click on the link 'My Topics', at the bottom of the first page to the right side, you will see a box [Get active topics for:]
You can choose from several options therein. I believe it only lasts for the current session however.
Hope this helps.

//Edit: Sorry! It appears for me this option will pull all topics instead of one's own only.

Edited by KoanYorel, 02 September 2008 - 08:17 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

FWIW, you can also use the advanced search function with your name and show all posts
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 SLIX

SLIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hi Mark

I haven't got a problem searching for my posts - I'm trying to clear the "My Topics" list which is growing longer with every new post I make.
Steve

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

You cannot clear your "My Topics" list. That is a search function within the IPB software. It returns the results based on your display name.

My current "My Topics" search is 7 pages going back to Aug 4, 2008. So unless I modify the search it doesn't give me a list going back to my join date in 2005.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 SLIX

SLIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

Cheers Animal
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic