Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pushing Proxy Setings To End User Pc's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bass3jc

bass3jc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

everytime we have to restart our server we lose all of our proxy settings in our IE on all end user pc's. they are all xp pro. we use server 2003.
is there a way i can push these settings or enter a console rule to make them stick. getting tired of listening to everybody compain about the settings always being changed. just want to fix it right as i am coming in to th middle of someone elses setup.

alsowe have 2 drives on our server c & d.
c: shows properties in explorer window but d shows nothing and appears full under properties, however is nowhere near full. how can i fix this. some of our progs get a disk full error and having some trouble there as well.

any help would be gretaly appreciated. i am really loving this challenge thath has been passed to me however i have no formal training, just all life expeience and hands on learning. any ideas on how to further my education as well. i want to get involved in the security aspect of networking as a primary goal.

thank you again!

have a great day!

bass3jc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

Hi bass!! Welcome to the IT field.

Go here for documented issues with proxy settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314645

You can do a lot of things to users PCs in an AD environment. Check out startup scripting - this may also help with your IE problem: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758918.aspx

Are you sure the D drive isn't full? Does it contain hidden or system files? If you right click the drive and select properties what does it show for free space?
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 bass3jc

bass3jc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

thank you very much dbough for taking the time to reply to my message. i have read some different things as far as the proxy settings go, just seems that nothing ever "sticks". but i will keep working and thanks for the links they will come in handy i am sure.

as far as the c: and d: drives on our server, it seems the c: drive is doing the same thing intermittenly now. and yesy the d: drive contains the "server" files and most likely hidden files as well.
when i right click the drive that has no value appearing in explorer it shows no free space. however when i check it through the system it has virtually no space used. it was suggested that maybe we have a loose cable. i plan on tearing into it some more tomorrow. i have Qbooks problems that i have to work out now so......anyway.....

again thank youso much for the reply i do appreciate it very much. i use this site quite often usually for removing viruses.

and thanks to the cretors of this site as well!

thank you thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users