Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Donnie Darko

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MuffinMan9o9

MuffinMan9o9

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

During the presidential election of 1988, a teenager named Donnie Darko sleepwalks out of his house one night, and sees a giant, demonic-looking rabbit named Frank, who tells him the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. He returns home the next morning to find that a jet engine has crashed through his bedroom. As he tries to figure out why he survived and tries to deal with people in his town, like the school bully, his conservative health teacher, and a self-help guru, Frank continues to turn up in Donnie's mind, causing him to commit acts of vandalism and worse.

Most of you who haven't seen this movie are probably thinking something along the lines of: "Giant bunny? I bet it's terrible". I'll admit I thought exact thing when my friend tried to get me to watch this movie. However, I was very pleasantly surprised that it was actually an excellent movie. If you're a person who enjoys thinking movies then you will certainly enjoy Donnie Darko.

So if you have some downtime and are looking for a movie to watch, definitely check this one out - you won't regret it.

As for those who have seen this movie. How did you like it?
[Please notify of spoilers!]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

I've seen it five times and still dont understand the whole movie... I get certain bits, but not all of it :thumbsup:

#3 MuffinMan9o9

MuffinMan9o9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

Haha. I'm the same way; it's a movie where you have to keep watching it again and again to try and understand each little bit.

#4 Lucidolph

Lucidolph

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I don't think anyone gets it! xD
But I CAN tell you this... The rabbit... He isn't the easter bunny, That is all =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users