Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm.win 32 Netbooster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gsap

Gsap

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hello,
I have been infected by the Worm.Win 32 Netbooster virus on my work laptop and i tried to use the ComboFix software and it has not been able to remove this virus.
Any suggestions?
I am totally hosed without my work PC.
Thanks,
Gus

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

Google search brought this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...25024805AAHSixB
All around fix for malware: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry839950

Let us know if how it goes!!
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 jeefree

jeefree

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

Hi, I had the exact same problem. After following those guides everything seems running back to normal. But I still wanted to ask whether this means the whole computer is safe now. Is it okay for me to transfer files from the computer I had this virus on to another, newer computer without transferring viruses?

Thanks a lot.

#4 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:48 AM

jeefree -

If you run SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes and they both come back clean, then it is fairly safe to consider your PC OK. Just make sure you keep your AV up to date and scan regularly.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#5 jeefree

jeefree

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

Alright, Thank you very much dbough! You are a lifesaver!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users