Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strang to me

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 strang

strang

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

hallow dear forum members
i am very new to u. i just join this forum with a very strange problem that my PC sound is working properly, the sound driver is C-Media legacy device which has installed correctly. the sound of PC like starting windows, beeps are OK and functional but when i install songs from CD that have no sound ( i tried many Cd's) the song will installed and played in player but the sound is not coming. i also download some songs from net they were also not sounded (working but without sound) other sound of system is coming and working properly.
i have GF Excel motherboard with 800 speed.
the sound is builten.
i have installed Several windows in several times but problem is still there.
i checked the bios where is sound on board enabled.
i inserted the new sound card and installed it but useless.
every O/s have same problem in my computer.

so dears it is very strange one that other sounds working but installed and installing songs have not sound whether they are playing in player but there is no sound. how could be possible but it has.

any one who may solve the problem will highly appreciate, Thanks
your friend Jalal khan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:14 AM

Hi, Jalal, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Try double-clicking on the little speaker image in your tray, down there on the right, and you'll get a set of volume controls. Make sure that your Wave and CD controls are not muted and that their level is set correctly.

#3 strang

strang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

hi Herk
thanks for ur nice responce and suggestion. I have done as u said, all are functional and responding but the same prolem is still there.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

I can't think of much beyond that, except to suggest that you go to Windows Updates and see if there is a newer driver for your motherboard or sound in the hardware choice on the left of the screen. I had problems with a video card until I got a driver from Microsoft, even though I had been downloading the newest from the manufacturer.

#5 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

Just a thought, but are you trying to play the CD while its in the drive? if so did you hook up the Analogue Audio Cable from the CD-Drive the the card/motherboard?

#6 strang

strang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:34 AM

herk
i m going to do as u said. it might be useful but cant say something before.
lucky
i have played the cd while in cd rom and plugged the audio cable to the matherboard but useless. Thanks and stay till to solve it.

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:45 AM

When you try to play music/songs that you have saved what application opens?

Also have you run DirectX diagnostics - Start>Run type "dxdiag" without quotes and run the tests on Sound and Music tabs.

Let us know what happens.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users