Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues With Adobe Flash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerblitz

Panzerblitz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Right. Quick explanation.

Tried to watch Salad Fingers this morning. It is a flash-movie. Loaded okay, I hit play, there was no sound and it froze after two seconds, leaving me with Salad Fingers' pretty face grinning at me.

Tried to see the trailer for WALL-E before I went to see it, on YouTube. Froze after two seconds, no sound. Can "play" the video by moving the slider, but it comes out stocky and is extremely awkward, also no sound.

Tried to show my little brother he could make a robot on the WALL-E page in a game that uses Adobe Flash Player. There was no sound.

And so the only thing in common with these are, to me, that they all use Adobe Flash Player. I tried reinstalling, and it worked, momentarily.

Now what?

Using Firefox 3 on Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

I read last week on CNet (I think) that there are ongoing issues with Flash & Firefox 3.0 and there's no solution yet. One thing you might want to try is to mess around with your Firefox addons. The other solution is use a different browser.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

Firefox 3, Vista, and Flash all working quite happily on my system. What version of Firefox are you using; what OS, etc. etc.

#4 Panzerblitz

Panzerblitz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Vista Ultimate, Firefox 3, laptop.

The strange thing now is that Flash videos and Youtube alike works well. I'll just peep back here if it goes crazy again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users