Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Hijacked.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Renamon

Renamon

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

Alright. My brother got on my MSN, stole my password or hijacked it somehow. I put him onto a limited account, but I want him off of my stuff, now. How do I find out how he did that, stop it, and keep him off of my user profile stuff?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

From what I understand ( could be wrong) but if you're using xp or vista there is a hidden admin account (google it to find out how to access it) and it either has no password or defaults to admin. I think you can access it through safe mode too. run anti-vir make sure there's no keylogger remove or password protect his sign on and the hidden admin plus a new one for your's.Also, I'm sure you can find a good tutorial on this site about how to create a truly strong password(i.e. salting)?but the sad news is there are programs out there that can crack about any password. If he's has such a program good luck. You might also want to password protect your netbios as well and make sure the boot order on your machine is not set improperly. Keep in mind I'm no expert but I've seen some of these in action and they're pretty amazing. Salting your passwords should help against a dictionary attack. The best advice I can give you is to read every tutorial on security you can find here. These people know there stuff and can help you more than me. Good luck Does your PC have a Key?

Edited by doctorphibes, 02 September 2008 - 03:16 PM.

I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

#3 Renamon

Renamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

I figured out what happened.. our comp suddenly decided it was going to give everyone the same MSN messanger, passwords, etc. It decided it didn't want the program split (Like its been for YEARS.) and now I have to not save my pass, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users