Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Viewer - System Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AJRoad

AJRoad

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

I have windows xp home edition.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1003
Date: 8/31/2008
Time: 9:24:18 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001731BFC383. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 8/31/2008
Time: 9:24:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.33 for the Network Card with network address 001731BFC383 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

AJRoad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi AJ,

It could be a few different things. Check this article for more info: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...HCP&phase=1
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

Hi AJRoad

Looking at the IP address I assume that you have a router that is acting as the DHCP server.
Have you changed any of the router settings prior to this problem?
Did you post to BC using the PC in question?
If you did, then your PC must have obtained an IP address for you to have internet access.
If you are unable to access the internet with your PC have you tried rebooting your router?
Steve

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

From a look at the errors the you posted, for some reason the IP address and it's renewal didn't work.
Checking in the Event Viewer later on should show an Information message that it was successful (if you're using that computer to post here).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users