Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disruptive Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clmanc4

clmanc4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:37 AM

Please, please can someone help with my computer. Computer is only a few months old, is windows vista home premium with 32 bit operating system. Had free avg version then bought full version 8.0. Trouble is everyday when the automatic scan runs the computer crashes, try restarting it and sometimes it takes many attempts before computer loads. Have tried looking in avg help forums but have been no help really, just suggested to run crap cleaner and check system drivers. Am not really an expert, have also tried emailing avg directly many times but they dont answer. Have followed steps to find reliability monitor and just says everyday in miscellanous failures - disruptive shutdown version 6.0.6001 service pack 1 - computer was not shut down properly. Please help!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

I think there are some quirky issues with AVG 8x and Vista. Personally, I would switch to another AV and be done with it. Avast! is free and is also compatible with Vista. I would ask AVG for your money back if they can't give you answers.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 mobil1_oils

mobil1_oils

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

Try running an online virus scan to see if there is a virus that is deliberately killing the system because it's detecting a virus scanner.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ is a good one, also try http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/ .

If nothing comes up with either or both of those, i'd then contact AVG and demand your money back and find another scanner if they aren't willing to help with your problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users