When your system boots, you see a window telling you that the system will shutdown at which point it restarts.
When the system boots, open a run prompt by pressing WinKey+R or by going to Start -> Run..
This will abort the system shutdown and give you time to work.Your log shows that you have never used HiJack This. To ensure that backups made when items are fixed are secure, we need to get HijackThis set up properly.
We have to remove some entries in HiJack This
- Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here: HijackThis Installer Download
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
- Double-click the file then click the Install button.
- The file will be extracted to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
- A shortcut for future use will also be created on your desktop and the Intro Frame of HijackThis will open.
Please use the shortcut to run the extracted HijackThis.exe from now on.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
- Please re-open HiJackThis and choose do a system scan only. Check the boxes next to ONLY the entries listed below:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TITLE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 360 -f
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TITLE2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\n0x.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TITLE3] C:\WINDOWS\n0x.exe
- Close all windows other than HiJackThis, including browsers, so that nothing other than HijackThis is open, then click Fix Checked. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to fix the selected items. Please choose YES. Once it has fixed them, please exit/close HijackThis.
- Please visit the Kaspersky Online Scanner website.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
After you have done that, please create a fresh HJT log and post it here.In your next reply, please include the following:
- A HiJack This log
- Kaspersky's Log
- A New HiJack This log
- My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)