Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran Smitfraudfix And Others But Problem Still Persists!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 fatjesuscult

fatjesuscult

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:41 AM

OK so I'm new to this site. i found your guys wonderful site after my computer was about to crash (from my brother and his ungodly amount of downloading power ranger stuff from japan and constant uploading)...but i found and used these topics

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70074/how-to-remove-virusburster-or-virusbursters-removal-instructions/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t73126.html

to help me....regardless they helped a TON!!!! but my computer is still having massive troubles....

first off most of the time when i start any browser (i mainly use Firefox) myspace doesn't want to load, Google will make my Firefox close and ask to send error report, and if i try to type a broswer and click go it wont load! some sites will work like ask.com does work. Before this dilemma i had massive problems i spoke about and using those topics i found the program smitfraudfix which GREATLY helped and got rid of most things.... but my computer is still acting stupid...

first thing, Constant popup ads even when im not on surfing any site... and stand alone ad's open on my screen (like ones that appear at the top of a web page with no browser window around them) along with pop ups now a browser window is popping up labeled as "index of file file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bob%20the%20Boy%20Wonder/ " and it lists certain things from my computer.....

secondly, i use AVG i know its not the best but all i can obtain right now and it was constantly popping up with Trojan warnings until i used smitfraudfix... now not as many are popping up but they still persist. my brother stupidly downloaded XP antivirus and i got rid of that, but now i just don't know whats going on and reformatting again for my brothers mistakes doesn't sound to appetizing.

Third thing is my task bar disappearing!?! every once and a while my task bar will just POOF disappear and my icons on my desktop will not. if im surfing on Firefox that will stay up... i learned using task manager to open a new task may bring it back but it may not sometimes as well. Before this situation my task manager wasn't showing up with an error saying administrator had disabled rights when i AM the administrator.... but once again using your guy's site helped with that!!!!

so i know i have a bleep machine full of problems, but if any of you could please help....i heard about hijack log, i havent used it yet and if needed whoever replys can give me links to programs i should use and i will post the report on here for anything i use....but please help with this problem!!! like i said reformatting this thing doesn't sound pleasing...

Maybe my brother (who's 22!)should grow up get the hell outta my dads house and get his own damn computer and stop bleep up ours!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your guy's time! :thumbsup:
fat jesus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hi fatjesuscult you may need to look here :thumbsup:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,560 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

HijackThis logs are not permitted in this forum. The HJT Team members are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits but currently there is a backup and you may have to wait for assistance. However, we may be able to assist you here and resolve this issue without having to post a log.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you have another security program like Spybot S&D, it may alert you that changes have been made. If you get such an alert, permit the program to allow the changes.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:17 AM

I see you have created two other threads. I removed one and you can continue here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.

This thread is closed and we will continue in the other one.

Edited by quietman7, 02 September 2008 - 07:22 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users