Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck Pixel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerFixz

ComputerFixz

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Well there is a tiny lime green pixel that is stuck on my lcd monitor and is a serious pain in the @#@. I tried many different things to remove this little pest such as jscreenfixer.com and killdeadpixel and all those flashy things do nothing. The little spec is still there. I even tried massaging the pixel and still no good. Any advice on how to get rid of it? Maybe I am doing something wrong with the massaging and what not. I heard some people say you need to massage it with a damp cloth but all I did was massage it with a dry PDA stylus. Please help I mean I know its small but its soooo irritating. I also bought it off some company from ebay and they do have a return policy....think the will give me another?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

There is no absolute fix for a bright pixel. If you've tried the usual things as it appears, I'd consult the seller about the return policy, before the return period runs out. The main thing I can see with massaging is that you might leave a mark on the screen that could cause the seller to reject the monitor as a return.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

Have you tried another Monitor?

This is either the Monitor itself or the Graphics Card, If you see the line on another Monitor then it''s the Graphics Card and if you don't see the Line on another Monitor then you have a Faulty Monitor.

Either way you have to take the Hardware part back to the Seller as Platypus said and see if you can get it replaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users