Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recomened A Good Pc Game

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

hi i am looking for a good pc game for less then 20 dollers australia because i know in usa games are cheaper then in aust so any good games let me know :thumbsup:
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

What genre do you like? I can recommend a LOT of good games :D
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

mainly rpg liner or games were you can play 2 player or more (not online) or games you can edit make new characters ect
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

#4 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

Heroes of Might and Magic V is my newest OLD rpg addiction: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYQJC8. Its fun, not too difficult, and really cheap.

Edited by dbough, 30 August 2008 - 09:48 PM.

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#5 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

ithanks and i dont like set rpg were you must follow the storyline games like morrowind is this game like that because it seems good

Edited by i am not known, 30 August 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#6 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

Heroes of Might and Magic V is my newest OLD rpg addiction: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYQJC8. Its fun, not too difficult, and really cheap.

You could buy the game from EBGames, WalMart etc. And, Morrowind is far from linear.

Here is a list of RPGs - maybe you can find something there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_role-...g_games_by_name

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#7 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

mabby im not quite shore what liner is isn't it you dont need to follow a story line

#8 Kamakazie

Kamakazie

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

STARCRAFT, u can buy the battle chest (includes starcraft, starcraft : broodwar, strategy guides for both games, and a technology tree for all three starcraft races) for $19.96. that is if i remember right.

also, the games controls r simple to learn. and the story line is easy to follow.

Edited by Kamakazie, 31 August 2008 - 01:11 AM.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

#9 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

Linear means you only have one path (or maybe a few branches) from the beginning of the game to the end. Morrowind/Oblivion are non-linear/open-world whatever you want to call it, where you can do basically whatever you choose to.

If you like Morrowind, Oblivion is the next choice. But its a little more expensive than what you're looking at.

Both those games they suggested are really good. Not exactly RPGs tho, more Real-Time Strategy games. The Gothic series was pretty good. the first couple should be pretty cheap, looks and acts a lot like Morrowind. I'm not sure about the price of Knights of the Old Republic. But i can tell you that the sequel is the best game i've played since i put Oblivion on the shelf.

#10 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

The Gothic series is good, except Gothic III. It was just awful. I suggest Mass Effect or Jade Empire for the PC. They are, at times, linear though. Mass Effect is more open-ended than Jade Empire. If you want a game that just dumps you in an open-ended world, I suggest X3: Reunion. You don't create a character in the beginning. The actions you take determine your character type, you can be everything from a merchant to a hired gun. A new game X3: Terran Conflict, will be based on Reunion and should be out later this year.

3939.png

#11 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:22 AM

Well, one of my friend suggested the following links, hope these could help you.
http://www.funpcgame.com/
http://www.trygames.com/aff=t_25su

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users