Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Idea?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rkferris

rkferris

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

hello, I just went and got :MSI P7N SLI mob, pent duel core 3.16 ghz 1333 bus,800 mgz ram(4gigs) 500 gb hard drive..EVEA Gforce 9800 GT +, 700 wat power...and it will not boot past :bios number....system memory ..ok...outside usb..ok......and thats it. allready returned the nb for another one, switched video,with same ...Ive swapped EVERYTHING ten times over....the only beep code im able to get is memory when i boot w/o ram. Always ....the same boot.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
EVGA gForce 9800GTX+ Graphics
ASUS BC-1205PT BDROM/DVDRW/CDRW
WD 500GB HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Try with a single stick of RAM at a time. Take it down to the bare minimum components (video, 1 stick of ram, HDD, CD-Rom, power button). What brand (with model number) of RAM are you using? I've had issues with certain brands with some motherboards.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 rkferris

rkferris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

yea, i did that...and am about to do it again...I bought 2 more sticks of 800 "patriot"brand name memory, tried one stick in first slot, second,ect....same thing... I cannot believe this....there is no more componants left to replace, ive replaced EVERYTHING...its not video, tried two other cards, three diff. hdds (ide) three different raid....the only thing ive not replaced is the cdrom.....a bios flash just doesnt sound right on a new board!!!!and impossable..ive not had a floppy drive since the pent 3 500 mgz days..lol
XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
EVGA gForce 9800GTX+ Graphics
ASUS BC-1205PT BDROM/DVDRW/CDRW
WD 500GB HDD

#4 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

The only other thing I could suggest is to change brands of motherboard. MSI is usually OK, but I've had an IBM board that had similar issues. I ended up going to ASUS and the problems disappeared. I know what you're going through - its not fun!!
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

Sounds like it's either CMOS battery (Windows goes wild when the battery runs down) or RAM.

How do your BIOS settings compare with the ones reflected at http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_p7n_platinum/page_4.shtml ?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users