Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero Back-it-up Can't Back-it-up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Hey all.

So for some reason, I lost some important stuff when reformatting my HD :thumbsup: . However I found a backup copy of the stuff in a Nero Back it Up file, which I made before.

I proceeded to restore the files, however, near the end it always comes with this error for pretty much all the files:

(sample below):

"06:58:32 PM BACKUP_SECURITY_DATA write has failed!!!
Source file: LBWinBackupFile.cpp, Line: 228

06:58:32 PM Write file (F:\School Work\McMath\Grade 10\Science\Science 10\Old Tests\unitchemistrytest4.jpg) has been failed. System error: (1307) This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.
Source file: LBWinBackupFile.cpp, Line: 201

06:58:32 PM BACKUP_SECURITY_DATA write has failed!!!

06:58:32 PM Write file (F:\School Work\McMath\Grade 10\Science\Science 10\Old Tests\unitchemistrytest4-2.jpg) has been failed. System error: (1307) This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.
Source file: LBWinBackupFile.cpp, Line: 201

06:58:32 PM BACKUP_SECURITY_DATA write has failed!!!
"

When I check the restore path, the folder is there, but it says "Access denied" when it try to open, delete, or rename it.

Have tried closing Nero and tried opening it, to no avail.

Help appreciated, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

funnytim - This sounds like a permissions issue. Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the link.

It worked wonders for all except for one particular folder.
I change the permissions to my account, and i can go into the folder, but the sub-folders don't work either. I once more set the sub folder permissions, but I can't view any files, be it pictures or word docs, inside the folder.

I have correct administrative priviliges.

Thanks again!

#4 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:15 AM

Does it throw errors at you?
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#5 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

It says "Completed Successfully"...but obviously it's not :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic