Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Hangs Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rXg

rXg

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

i was checking on of the pc in the lab.it screwed my head to find out what was the exact fault.having found that it restarted several times, i changed the power supply,RAM,even processor fan but it didnt work.lately i took out d MOBO outside and give it a go but the same thing it worked this time as long as it is on but wen i restarted the board even there was no display at all.can anyone help me ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

huh?

trying to understand what you're saying. The problem is restarting, hanging or no display?

Display)Take a monitor off another computer, cable and all, hook it to that one. Take the monitor from the one you're working on, hook it to another comp. Make sure the RAM is seated all the way, maybe test it in another comp. If there is an actual vid card do the same.

Restarting) IF the PSU you put in there is known good check all your connections, especially to CPU, if its new, test it in another comp or with a voltmeter. Make sure all the fans are working, and that the motherboard isn't shorting on the case.

Hanging) checking for viruses and minimizing the amount of background apps is about all i got for that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users