Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Closes Unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eddie813

eddie813

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Hello, this problem only happens on my wife's side of the computer (i.e. under her username). Internet Explorer opens fine, then without warning, after varing amounts of time (not necessarily right away), it closes unexpectedly. No error message. This does not happen under my username. I have reinstalled Java, do I need to do that on both "sides"? Otherwise the laptop works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txishome

txishome

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

eddie, I wish I could give you some insight. I got a new HP laptop with Vista installed. I've had this computer since April and it does the same thing several times a day. I have no idea what causes it. I'm glad I don't do anything that crucial on my computer because I'm sure I'd lose it all. It shuts IE off and starts it over. It's very frustrating! 'Hope someone has some idea as to what is causing it.

#3 DWinn

DWinn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

I'm in the process of researching this problem for a friend's computer. Try doing an Internet search for "Internet Explorer Closes Unexpectedly" or "Internet Explorer Unexpectedly". In the search string you might also add a 5, 6 or 7 after the term "Internet Explorer", depending on what version you have. I did see some issues about installing IE 7 with AVG running, which I think is an anti-virus program. They recommended re-installing IE 7 with AVG disabled. I believe my friend's computer has AVG still on it. I use Norton and am not familiar with AVG. I also saw a comment about disabling an IE add-on called QUICKFIND BHO OBJECT, which someone said was under Tools - Internet Options - Programs - Manage Add-ons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users