Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Possibly But My Culprits Ran Away

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Yeah so I have reason to believe to stupid little files aren't safe to be on my computer. It's not so much the removing of them that's a problem, but rather the fact that they seem to have disappeared. I've use windows search obviously, and the next best thing I knew to do was to go to folder options and make it so that windows files, as well as hidden files show up. This didn't help either, so as far as finding them I don't what else to do. I'll run a scan of course and see if they show up, cause I'm like 99% sure their dangerous.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

Can you elaborate? Did you download these files? What makes you think they are unsafe? Were they part of a program that you uninstalled?
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

I must of downloaded something bad. I can't remember how I found them. But anyway one of them was outright deemed unsafe from avast, as for the other it just gives me a bad vibe, however it did show up at the same as the other, and they have similar names. The names are nonsense ones, like fzqpojt.exe.

Edited by ShrOomiN, 30 August 2008 - 03:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users