Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AsaSpades

AsaSpades

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:49 AM

About 1 week and a half ago I became infected with multiple viruses. I panicked, and I became infected with the MS Antivirus program, which i had no idea about till now, but that day I thought it was an actual antivirus program, and i made a purchase for it to get rid of the viruses i became infected with. Upon telling me it had gotten rid of the files, it said it had to reboot, when it did it then froze and would not pass the windows splash screen so i was forced to do an HP PC Recovery. The program had my credit card info and billed me $77 what can I do about this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Tell your CC company it was a fraudulent charge and dispute it. Your CC company should be able to tell you what to do from there.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

The program you purchased is a rogue program, which harms your computer instead of helping it.
As suggested, call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY.

In the future, don't panic if you see this or any other warning that your computer may be infected, please buy so and so program to get rid of the infection.

Use task manager to close out the warning-DO NOT click the X or Close within the warning.

Run scans with whatever you have installed, and post in AM I INFECTED? forum. Someone will help you make sure your system is clean.

#4 AsaSpades

AsaSpades
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

Ok thank you

#5 Stragger

Stragger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

yea guys i think i got the same problem as this guy, it said my system was infected and then i downloaded it thinking it would help my computer then it just keeps popping up on my computer and i tried to get rid of it but i dont know how properly can u tell me how?

#6 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

Follow quietman's's post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry839950

I recommend it to everyone who comes to me w/a virus. It seems to be the best all around solution for virus / malware removal. This isn't the ONLY method, but it works.

Edited by dbough, 01 September 2008 - 04:07 PM.

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users