Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 loopy_bear

loopy_bear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am retired now but have been in the business for over 40 years in IT, eventually falling into the operations environment. Since retiring 8 years ago I have observed that Microsoft's done their usual things like introduce ever new operating systems (mostly tested..hmmm!!). I have come up from early DOS environments since switching from mainframes. Seen most of them ...got the T shirt. Now with the ever changing latest systems like Windows XP and now Vista 'for profit'! I try to keep in touch but the as I had always suspected in the dim distant past, the biggest threat to our peace loving community is the Virus writers..who thrive for many reasons. Unfortunately, I try to help folks who have a lesser understanding of their PC's and who eventually fall for the inevitable scams..me included. I found your site 'in ferret mode' and was interested in some of the immediate solutions and helpful free advice. I will try this to help this site where possible but feel that I am too far behind the game to be of any useful help other than learn from others as I have always done in the past. Hope this makes sense?
Best Wishes, Jeff .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Hi loopy_bear,

I think your experience and knowledge will be useful on BC.

Welcome!

:thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

Welcome to BC!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

By pooling each Member's knowledge, we all can become experts, or at least find help from others when we might need it, and perhaps be able to help others in return.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users