Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 agolli

agolli

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

I have an internet with ADSL and i wanna to distribute my internet to be used by another computer 200 meters away from my computer so What can i do?
so Could i have a reply? thnks for your cooperation in advance thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Simple networking. If this is a Wireless connection you will require a Wireless Router, and they are many now. Depending on your ADSL modem you can get a Wireless Router that will connect to your modem, but to keep it simple. a ADSL Wireless Router which has a ADSL modem built would be the best choice. I always use and recommend Netgear Routers.

Netgear Routers
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

#3 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

200 m is a very far distance to have a standard wireless router reach to it. That being said, there are some products out there that advertise the ability to go pretty far.

For example, the router located at http://bountifulwifi.com/products/bountiful-router.html advertises that it can reach a quarter of a mile, which is up to around 400 m.

#4 agolli

agolli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:11 PM

I have ADSL connected by Cable not wireless so what i have to do thanks for your :thumbsup: cooperation

#5 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

You probably have one computer connected directly to your modem for your ADSL. What you would need to do is purchase a long-range router and you would first plug the router into your modem, and then plug your current computer into the router. You would then need your other computer that is located 200 m away to have a wireless networking card in it. If you have that already, then all you need to do is follow the setup steps with the router to configure it for a wireless connection, and then connect your wireless computer to it.

#6 agolli

agolli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Ok but is important that this computer s :thumbsup: hould be visiable to my router thanks for your continuing cooperation in advance

#7 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

Sorry I am not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that it is important that your wireless computer be in-range, or that it is important that you can network your two computers together through the router?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users