Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Not Working Correctly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yomo

yomo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hello
came back from trip, 5 year old was on computer, now the monitor will not stay on. it comes on for 1 second,I hit the power button(on the monitor) it takes 5 seconds and it comes on (gets video) for 1 second, can do it over and over. I changed out the video card to a ge force 8400 gs thinking it was the old ge 7500 le went bad. ithe computer boots up normally can access all files but only can see 1 second of video at a time. i restored the system to an earlier time once but that does not work after changing the video card. hit f8 during start up tried safe mode but same 1 second followed by black screen. once i tried restore to an earlier (last known good configuration) and it worked for about 4 hours. left computer on, monitor went to sleep like normal but would not come back on normally. went to black screen again with 1 second of video when turning monitor off and on. any ideas. not to computer savvy, any help is greatly appreciated. its an hp windows media center hp pavillion m7567c 2 gig ram hp f 2105 monitor
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

did you try a different monitor? Just to see? Sounds like a bad monitor.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 yomo

yomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Frank O"

well that was EASY. well not that easy. it was the first thing I checked. brought down my kids monitor but it seemed to do the same thing so I did not try my monitor on his computer. When you said it sounds like a bad monitor I tried my monitor on kids computer and it did the same blacking out, Brought his monitor back down for another try and it is working fine, must not have hooked it up tight the first try. Guess its better than the computer going out.
Thank you very much for your reply, saved me probably another week scratching my head

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users