Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wjview.exe Won't Initiate!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Conquistador

Conquistador

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

Dear Bleeping Computer technician
I'm having a problem: It seems that my speakers died for there was no sound. That turned out not to be true, for nothing else would work when I tried to plug (other speaker, headphones, in all the spots for them to go) it in.
When I looked up Compaq's Help Center I came across a section entitled Audio Test where I wanted to test out the sofware, drivers, and the sound card. When I clicked on it to test this a message came up in the middle of the test saying "This application has failed to start because WindSAPI.dll. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I tried looking up the dll but couldn't locate it. I did try and reinstall it, but that didn't work and it caused some other programs to not work so well so I quickly used the Recovery. I'm not sure what and where to go to solve this. "
Any help would be hot." :thumbsup:

My system is as follows:
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Manufactured and Supported by:
Compaq
Presario
Has a Intel®
Celeron® CPU 2.70GHz
2.69 GHz, 0.99GB of Ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaureenBeck

MaureenBeck

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Is that a virus? I would scan my computer because I think it rings a bell in my head.

#3 MaureenBeck

MaureenBeck

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

WindSAPI.dll are you sure it isn't winSAPI.dll? If that is what it is I would just repair my OS and it should be ok.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

Complete, verbatim error messages...help.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:KI859B...;cd=1&gl=us

Louis

#5 Conquistador

Conquistador
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hi again.

I went and used the XP CD to run their repair and checked (through Check Disk) the C drive, which it said that it found some errors. However, the file is still missing and even after reinstalling the program (which the Help Suggests) the file still is missing.
I also reinstalled the sound software that was installed (Sound Blast Audigy) and have found no luck in finding the dll.

I think I missed something in regards to the Repair installation: why can't I find the file? Am I missing anything?

(And no, were not dealing with a virus, just the fact that I can't even begin to find out if its the hardware or not!!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users