Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raj1

Raj1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:50 AM

Hello
I have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013

Size: 0 bytes

Thanks and best regards

Raj

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.

Click on the link below:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.

The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.

These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

Edited by garmanma, 29 August 2008 - 09:50 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users