Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Sp3 Issue (probably)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mesmer

mesmer

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

I have recently installed sp3 to my xp. Since then, several progs (Hearts, solitaire, minesweeper) have vanished, though the internet reversi etc are still there. Further, my tuneup utilities (Latest version) does not work, advising uninstall & reinstell. When I try to do that or repair the program, it says that "This windows installer is not functional". So I can't even reinstall the prog.It also showed a similar advise on a trial version of adobe acrobat pro 9, but I could uninstall it at least. Strange. any ideas why? I have full kasper & anti malware protection, so malware is not likely to be a problem.

mesmer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

When I try to do that or repair the program, it says that "This windows installer is not functional". So I can't even reinstall the prog.It also showed a similar

Hi mate,

I had several problems with SP3 as well. I lost connection to wireless and many more issue like starting the services manually.

Ok this windows installer can also be done manually by Start--> Right click(computer)--> manage--> services and applications--> services--- >

Now from the list of services select "windows installer" and click on the start button there.

Hope this helps.

Sreez

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 Wongy

Wongy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

As for Tuneup, i recommend you download the installer from Tuneup Website and install it over the corrupted version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users