Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryp_upack Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 choppy1839

choppy1839

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

I assumed that my virus protection program would remove any virus that was sent to my computer, I tested it by ignoring an alert. Now I Have unwanted programs controling my computer and I think that virus protection is mostly just warnings about dangerous sites.

Trend Micro say that it is unable to clean or quarintine Cryp_Upack and PAK_Generic.006

I have a red ball icon on my task bar that warns of a virus and offers some sort of protection. IE7 home page options change to a google page everytime the computer is re-booted.

I had to re-name hijack this and its directory to be able to run it.

Thanks in advance for any help, attached is my HJT log.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 choppy1839

choppy1839
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

Thanks to other information I read I was able to deletd the infected files, however when I tried to run the windows Cd in recovery mode it asked for the administrators password, I didn't use this routine when I loaded Windows. I hope that some malware isn't set up as administrator.

Files removed: katrina, bravia, burito.
Remover: spy-bot, malwarebytes.

#3 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

Hello choppy1839,

I apologise for the delay, the forum is busy.

If you still need help post a new HijackThis log.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#4 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users