Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skipping Audio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LizardKing64

LizardKing64

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hey everyone,
My computer has been acting weird whenever I play any kind of music or watch videos with audio. It's like the soundtrack skips and pops. I don't think it's the speakers because it seems like this happens when the computer is multitasking and not if I'm just doing one thing. Could this be some kind of hardware problem? I was reading a different forum and it said that this might be caused by the hard drive being on the wrong setting, but I'm not sure if that applies here. If anyone has any suggestion, they'd be very much appreciated. Thanks!!
Best Regards,
Jeff

"Bart: I was so bored I cut the pony tail off the guy in front of us.
[holds pony tail to his head]

Bart: Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last year.

Marge: Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible life choice."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:43 AM

are you talking about downloading while watching youtube or something? cuz that's just plain lag.
How much RAM do you have?

#3 LizardKing64

LizardKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hey Smurfgod,
Yeah it does it while downloading and watching Youtube too. But the place that I most notice it as odd is when I'm listening to mp3s Windows Media and you can here it skipping and slowing down. Then it will play normally and then start skipping again. It's really odd and I've never heard a computer do it before. It also happens when I'm playing games.

I have 512mb of RAM.
Best Regards,
Jeff

"Bart: I was so bored I cut the pony tail off the guy in front of us.
[holds pony tail to his head]

Bart: Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last year.

Marge: Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible life choice."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users